Virat Kohli Becomes the first Indian Skipper who hit two double tons in tests :- The second day of the third test match between India vs Newzealand was the day of records. Many records were made and broken by the Indian batting. The Indian team increased its dominance over Kiwis on the second day of third match. Brilliant innings was played of 211 by Virat Kohli and his partner Ajinkya Rahane also did his work very patiently. He made a heart winning score of 188. The hosts declared at 557/5. In reply, the Kiwi openers has managed to pass on the crucial 9 overs. The went back to pavilion in safe mode at the score of 28/0.
The Coach of New Zealand cricket team, Mike Hesson said, “Virat Kohli killed us softly”
We are sharing statistics of the second day’s game in Indore: –
Virat Kohli- 211
- It was the sixth double ton by any Indian captain and Kohli is the first who did it twice.
- It is the third highest by any Indian skipper in test cricket. MS Dhoni 224 in 2013 and Sachin Tendulkar 217 in 1999.
- It was the second highest against Newland in test after Sachin Tendulkar’s 217 in 1999.
- He made his highest score in Test and first-class cricket.
Indian Captains who made Their Highest Individual
|Virat Kohli||211||366||Indore||New Zealand||
|200||283||North Sound||West Indies||
- This innings is the fourth highest by any Indian.
200*- VVS Laxman in 2008
199- Mohammad Azharuddin in 1986
192- Mohammad Azharuddin in 1990
- His highest score in test cricket was 147 against Australia at Melbourne Cricket Ground
Partnership of 365-runs between Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane: –
- It is the fifth highest Indian partnership for any wicket.
- It is the highest partnership for any wicket against New Zealand for India. The first highest was made by Vinoo Mankand and Pankaj Roy in Chennai in 1956.
- It is the highest partnership for the fourth wicket for India. It left behind the partnership of 353 by VVS Laxman and Sachin Tendulkar.
- It is highest for the fourth wicket against New Zealand. The older highest was 350 by Mushtaq Mohammad and Asif Iqbal in Dunedin in 1973.
- It is the highest between Kohli and Rahane. They broke their own record which was made at Melbourne Cricket Ground against Australia in 2014.
- It was 7th times when two non-openers batsmen scored 150+. The previous was made by Saurava Ganguly (239) and Yuvraj Singh (165) in 2007, Bangalore.
- It is sixth times when Indian player score two double tons in a calendar year. Before it was done by Vinod Kambli (1993), Rahul Dravid (2003), Sachin Tendulkar (2004, 2010) and Virendra Sehwag (2008).
557/5 d By Indian Team: – Indian team made its third highest total in tests. The two previous ones are 583/7 declared in Ahemdabad (1999) and 566/8 in Nagpur (2010)